We are pleased to announce that we are setting up Fumbally Exchange again this year as a venue for Simon Open Door on the 9th May 2015.
Simon Open Door is an annual charity event where homeowners pay a donation to the Simon Community, and they get an hour long design consultation with an architect in return. All the proceeds go towards Simon’s homeless services.
In return for a €55 donation to Simon you can book a one-hour consultation with the RIAI architect of your choice.
Here is a full list of those who are participating at Fumbally Exchange:
- Aisling McCann
- Ciáran Ferrie – CiaranFerrieArchitects
- Bernard Gilna – Gilna Architecture
- Daniel Coyle – Daniel Coyle Architects
- John Langton
- Magdalena Kubat
- Masa Bratusa – Studio Plus Two architects
- Stephen Musiol – Small Spaces
*All participating architects are on the Statutory Register which can be checked at www.riai.ie
We also have some student and graduate volunteers, organised by Stew, the architectural graduate network, who will be sitting in on the consultations to add their ideas and get a sense of what the clients are looking for. That’s being organised by FEx member Helen McCormack.
What you should know about your consultation?
You can expect general advice on:
- Architect’s fees and services
- Information on building costs including VAT
- Discussion on building materials likely to be used
- Planning requirements or Exempted Development from Planning
- The documents that will be used for planning; tenders; and building contracts
You shoul also know… :
- Top tips From RIAI Architects
- Working with your Architect
- What should you think about before you start your project?
- Architectural Buzz Words
Find out more about Simon Open Door
We are looking forward to meet you on Saturday, 9th May
at the ground floor of Fumbally Exchange, 5 Dame Lane, Dublin2